The Exchange Year 2023 has just begun! If you want to go on an IAESTE Internship next year here are the important steps. These steps apply to so-called AC offers. We offer other types of internships during the year. The difference is explained here.
Now – End of 2022
- If you haven’t already, create an account on the IAESTE Exchange Platform (www.iaeste.net), upload the necessary documents and get verified. See further instructions and the necessary documents here. https://iaesteberlin.de/going-abroad.
- In January 2023 IAESTE Germany is going to exchange internships for the whole Exchange Year at the Annual Conference (AC).
- You will be informed about the available internships via Email if you have an account on the Exchange Platform. All communication will be done via Email.
- We will ask you for your Top 5 internships. Based on your opinion we will compile a list of “Favourite internships by students in Berlin”.
- In February 2023 we, the IAESTE Berlin Local Committee, is going to attend the Exchange Conference with members of all 50 Local Committees in Germany.
- Based on the list of your favourite internships, we will reserve internships for students from Berlin and report back to you via Email.
- Now, you will be able to apply, by submitting a motivational letter to us. Once we have checked, that you have a verified account and all the documents necessary, we will assign you to your internship on the Exchange Platform.
- To make sure that you are serious about your application, we will ask you for a deposit of 100€. You will receive the entire amount back once you have either completed your internship successfully or if you have to cancel it for a good reason.
- You will then be able to supply additional documents until (probably) the 15th of March.
- You will be the only applicant worldwide.
- Afterwards there is nothing left to do than wait for an answer by the employer. You are not allowed to contact the employer before being officially accepted. Disregarding this will lead to your internship being cancelled.